Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Love is Confusing

Hey girls! it's a beautiful Thursday afternoon, and I have been in the car all day! Got my haircut, and I like it alot, will post pictures later! She gave my cute little bangs and trimmed my split ends, then curled it all up cute-like. I can't post pictures now because I haven't had time to take any..like I said, I was driving around all morning, and then went to work, so it's been crazy!

But of course I didn't start this post to talk about my hair (wouldn't that be narcisstic), but the topic at hand--my confusion lately with boys, and other things, but mainly boys:)
And I mean, who CAN'T relate to that? Boys are highly confusing creatures, sometimes horribly obvious, sometimes so clammed up you have no idea what's going on in their heads.
Lately it's not really been romantic problems with guys...just  argh-ish things with guys in general, mainly my guyfriends.
They are my bros, and I have so much fun with them--I really do. At karate, at youth, at SGA, the guys are the best. They make any social occasion that much more fun, because they are funny and goofy, and easy to joke around with.
They can also be incredibly caring, some of my closest brothers I have told some seriously personal things to, and they have been totally cool about it. They can be supportive, romantic, extremely funny, and sometimes I would prefer to hang out with them rather than some girls.
I have an outgoing nature thats tends to be a bit funny and witty, and since most guys I know are like that too, I tend to get along with them well:)
That's the good things about them...the things that make me love them as bros and love to hang out with them. But sometimes...it gets confusing.
Like when your bro keeps staring at you, and you're thinkin...maybe he wants to be more than friends.
Or when you're sitting in church, and he keeps moving the seating around so he ends up next to you.
Or when he texts you something that sounds alot like flirting..but how can you ever be sure?
That's my current aggravation...yes, all those things have happened to me from multiple guy bros...and I'm like what??
I don't mind...I mean I like all those guys as friends, and find it flattering that they would sometimes do those things, but nothing is ever really SAID. None (except for one) comes out and says, "I like you".
They just do all the above things...and that leaves me having no idea WHAT to think.
I just try to act normal, but it all gets complicated you know? You start expecting those little flattering gestures, but you don't know if you actually like the guy...I mean of course you like them, but LIKE like them? I don't know.
Then of course, they don't make it as easy as all that.
It would be less complicted if they acted like that all the time, then I could draw an educated guess, "okay, he stares at me all the time, so he must like me."
Yeah but they don't do it all the time. He'll stare at me one week, then is oblivious the next.
i wish it would be consistent, but it isn't, and that's what makes me so confused.
I wish I could forget about it and be normal with the guys, and usually I am, but sometimes it's hard to ignore. And sometimes I don't even want to ignore it, if that makes sense. Those guys are my friends, but it's one of those awkward things where you're friends with someone, but are slightly attracted to them anyways.
So i'm slightly attracted to some of those guys, so when they pay some attention to me, it naturally makes me happy. So when it stops as they become oblivious, I feel slightly bereft.
I guess I just have to wait and see...but isn't it frustrating?
I hope I'm not just raaaaaambling on and on about my problems and you guys have no idea what's going on...that would be emberessing, but hey, it's been on my mind, I thought I'd share it:)

I don't know...my day hasn't been too awesome, I mean, it was okay, just not great, I hope y'alls fridays are better:)
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment