Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Anchored by Trust in Love's Stormy Waters.

Hi girls!! Once again, I apologize for taking days to post again...as I have said before (and probably will have to keep saying) is life is busy...and because of that I'm having a hard time settling down enough to take pictures, or think of a truly interesting topic for the blog. My grandparents are in town, and its just been crazy, so please bear with me!! There's nothing really I can do about it..when I do have some snatches of Internet time I find myself on facebook, trying to stay connected with my friends, I will try harder to get some posts in, but its going to be tight this holiday season. sorry! Hope these posts haven't been too brief, boring, mundane, etc...
So. What I wanted to talk about is relationships, because that seems to be a pretty large force in my life lately. I am not in a relationship (yet), but there are a couple guys that have caught my interest, and I've just been pondering relationships lately. These days, a relationship seems to be a risky thing to be in. I've had so many friends who are so happy with a guy, then all of a sudden the guy just drops it, and they are left broken hearted. Love seems so cruel, and yet it something everybody strives for. I don't know one girl or guy that doesn't want to be loved by the opposite sex. Its natural, and something that is very hard to stifle.
It makes me wonder that maybe that's why so many relationships end badly, because either one person or the other gives their heart away before they know all the facts about the person.
I have always been an advocate of being friends with guys first, then moving on, but it can be very awkward to move on once a friendship is established. One always wonders if the other person really likes them, if their just being friendly, and then they get scared out their wits to actually do anything in the romantic direction.
That's the situation I'm in. I'm good friends with this guy, really connect with him and have a good time talking to him, we seem so alike on so many different levels, but how do I KNOW if that guy likes me?
Nearly every girl I know has had this problem at least once, they don't want to be overaggressive and pushy, but they simply don't know how the guy really feels!
Well...I've got a solution..or at least the solution that has been working for me, and its the solution that works not only in relationships, but in all facets of life.
TRUST GOD. Let HIM  lead you, because if he isn't, the relationship WILL go wrong.
"But Ari!!" you moan, "That's what everyone tells me. Just trust God!! But what if God isn't telling what to do? What if the guy I like has really liked me all along and was too scared to tell me?"
I know, I know. I've been there and asked those same questions. But I find that God doesn't very often actually TELL you what to do, except through his word. And do you know what his word says?

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a hope and a future.." Jeremiah 29:11
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church." Ephesians 5:22

His word says that HE has a plan, and you can absolutely trust and rely on that plan. It also says that girls should not take it upon themselves to try to start or run a relationship. I know it doesn't sound very modern or independent, but something inside me rebels at the thought of asking a guy out. It makes me wonder "If this guy didn't have enough backbone to ask me out, do I want to be with him?"
So I would say that even if the guy is being vague ad unclear, I don't thinks its our jobs as girls to clarify the relationship. If that guy is truly the guy for me, he will ask me out, in the time that God has planned him too. In the mean time, my job is to maintain the friendship relationship, so even if a romantic relationship never happens, you still will have a wonderful friendship.
It almost sounds too easy, I know. But I do believe that is how God designed relationships to be. Anchored by trust in Him at every level.
Now, I know that it doesn't help with the natural desire to find out if the guy you like likes you, or the impatience for something FINALLY to happen. I know. I am in that spot right now. But I am trying to lay all my cares and burdens on the Lord, because only he knows how this chapter of my life will end. He knows the story of my whole life, and I will not dare to think that I could end it better than he could.
Trust me, if you try to rewrite the plan God has for you, his plan won't change, but he'll have a harder time straightening you out so the plan can come into fruition. The way I see it is that if I try and interfere and do relationships MY way...who knows what wonderful things in God's plan I am missing or delaying?
I prefer to walk with God, and let him show me his plan, just as he intended it.
So don't let "love" or confusing guys get you down--God's got you and he always will.
Love you girls!
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment