Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Look Ahead and Smile

Hello, fellow readers and bloggers, it's a lovely Thursday morning, and I was determined to get more blog posts in than I had previously been able to, so here I am!
Do you all like the blog makeover? It's still got some quirks that need ironing out,but I'll fix that in time.
A question for the more experienced bloggers: How does one get a blog header from a website like shabbyblogs.com or the cutest blog on the block.com or a site like that, onto my blog? I know how to do the backgrounds, I just copy the HTML code and put it in...but all the headers I've ever tried to get didn't have a code, so I would try just copying the picture of the header and then putting it in...but it would never fit properly! Any advice? The header I have currently I got from picnik.com, and I like it, but I would like to know for future reference, how to get a free header from a website, onto my blog--thanks!

So I was reading some of my old blog posts earlier, like from August and September, and noticed a big difference from then and now. Is it possible for a blogger to lose the enthusiasm and drive that makes her love blogging? Because lately I may have lost some of that. I noticed it last night when I was editing my photos, and then scouring the Internet for the right header and background, that I had really missed the feeling of being excited about blogging.
I've gotten a bit of that feeling back, which is a great, I can't wait to take my blog to new heights, to push my photography, and really take my blogging to the next level, so to speak.
April was a wierd month for me, full of an almost obsessive desire to change and improve myself in any way possible, and it really ate up alot of my time, energy, and focus.
School, blogging, and photography, all those things that used to drive me so much, kind of fell away, and I hated that feeling of emptiness inside.
So, I'm getting back to the basics, where I needed to be all along, snapping pictures, having a blast with my blog, and not trying to be perfect all the time.
Heaven knows I would have killed myself trying, but I'm done with that. I never have been much of a material girl, and that short brush with that lifestyle didn't do me any good--so I quit!
I'm just going to be me again, and you know what? It feels really good.







:)
So happy to be back.
Love,
Ari

1 comment:

  1. I really like your new look on the blog! Very cute :) And I know what you mean. It's hard to find a good balance between school and everything else important and still have time to blog...but I find myself a much happier person when I make time, even just a little, to do the things I love! :)

    ReplyDelete