Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reflections

What can I see?

Well, in a few weeks I'm about to turn seventeen.
SEVENTEEN.
There is so much weight with that word.
One last year of being a teenager.
Only one year left!! I dont even know how I feel about that.
Next year I'm starting out college classes.
It's all so new.
And yet SO much has happened to me in my sixteenth year that I never expected to happen.
It's truly been a journey, and at times it's been really really hard.
I have sunk into depression at time, but at other times, really happy.
God has carried me through no matter what, and it's been one of the best years of my whole life.
And it's all about to end, and a new chapter is about to start.
Who knows what next year will bring?
If I'm lucky, a car, lots of new friends, and a deeper walk with God :)
But it still makes me think...
Every year of my life is different,
and every year I have new experiences and learn something new.
"Well, duh," you may be thinking, 'Of course every year is different."
But I think it's cool that God decides to teach us new things, and make each phase of our life unique and important.
Sixteen was, and is, awesome.
But...I'm ready for seventeen.
I'm ready to grow up, take more responsibility, and just be more serious about life in general.
Sometimes life is a joyride for me..but in the end, that's not life.
It's not reality.
I'm ready to become more independant, and be more responsible with that independence.
I'm ready for seventeen.
How about you guys? What major landmarks are you girls going through?
I'd love to hear :)
Love and kisses,
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment