Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sister to Sister :)

Hey girls! I am in Orlando and chillen here on the couch of our condo, writin on my Daddy's laptop. Today was pretty crazy! We went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot and had alot of fun, riding the rides and seeing the sights. I've been trying really hard to get over my self consciousness, at least over my skin, and today, it worked pretty okay. I mean, I definitely felt different, but it didnt totally get me down because I felt pretty in other ways. My hair looked good and I liked the outfit I was wearing, so that helped some, besides, I just figured that I am never going to see any of these people ever again, so why do I care how they see me? The people, my family, friends, and this one awesome guy, all love me for me...so why should I care if I have a zit or two? Nobody's perfect. Life isnt Disney Channel. Not all girls have an unlimited wardrobe with perfect hair, perfect skin, fame, and a cute boy to boot.
I have a great, loving, encouraging family, a God who loves me and friends who would take a bullet for me and I for them...what else do I need? I dont need the approval of the world anyway.
So that's my daily pick me up--for you guys AND me. I know not girls struggle with skin issues like me, but all girls have SOMEthing they dontg like about themselves, and I am here to tell you that in the end it DOESNT matter. I know that deep inside, but sometimes its SO hard to bring it out, to really live it.
I'll freely admit I have had meltdowns about my looks, I've freaked out about my skin, I've moaned overf my flaws. But that doesnt mean that after I'm done freaking out, I can't pick myself up, and with God's help, try again to make it through. And so can you.
What are some of your insecurites? We girls are all together on this and we should be praying for each other about our fears and insecurties. If you dont want to leave it in a comment, message me!
We are sisters in Christ, and we should pour out our hearts to each other, and then pray our hearts out for each other, because that is how God's body WORKS. You know some of mine now...I would love to know some of yours, so I as your sister can pray for you ;)
Well, that's my little note for today :)
No pictures...those'll come after the trip.
Love you girls! Keep reading, commenting, and living for Christ!
Love,
Ari

2 comments:

  1. Yup - I know how that feels...

    I constantly chant Proverbs 31:30 - I think that helps the most. I know all girls want to be pretty - but goodness - it doesn't matter in the end does it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it's hard being a girl, especially in the society we live in. It seems that everyone is consumed with appearances.

    I hate when I have acne, which makes me extremely self conscious.

    I have a birthmark on my leg, which I have always been super self conscious about...but I have decided that it's a part of me. It's one of the things that makes me, ME. :)

    Sometimes it's difficult to embrace the things you don't love about yourself, but God made you just the way he wanted you to be, and that is awesome.

    -Jessica
    http://jessicabain.blogspot.com
    http://winkzine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete